Petrodist 100 CC (ASTM D-2892)
Processor controlled turnkey crude oil distillation system for fully automatic operation without user intervention exactly conforming to ASTM D-2892 (TBP), latest revision.
The system is computer controlled and designed for fully automatic operation throughout the different distillation runs at different pressure levels which includes:
- 1. run at atmospheric pressure
- 2. run at vacuum 100 Torr
- 3. run at vacuum 10 Torr
- 4. run at vacuum 2 Torr
These different distillation runs are performed automatically without any intervention of the operator. The system automatically manages the changes of all involved pressure changes from atmospheric to the different vacuum conditions. The duration of the intermediate cooling procedure in between the different runs is minimized by an intensive cooling of the flask charge.
The system measures the distillation rate with an online volume measuring system of each fraction before each cut is being discharged into an automatic fraction collector with 20 receivers. The fraction collector is equipped with an inbuilt electronic balance to measure the weight of each fraction. By replacing filled receivers even during operation, the system can handle up to 80 cuts for the distillation of one sample. The receiver change is performed according to pre-selected cut temperatures or when a receiver is filled up to continue the cut sampling in the next receiver (to avoid overfilling of the receiver).
After the distillation, the operator needs to weigh the gas trap as well as the flask residue by the external balance (part of delivery), the weights are automatically taken by the system and as a result the final data evaluation and TBP-curves in weight-% and volume-% are printed out and can be stored.
A data station for overriding parameter input as well as for display of all operation parameters, distillation results and TBP-curve, as well as an external balance is included.
The system is modularly constructed and provides the possibility to allow several options like online density measurement, water removal (prior to the start of the distillation), stainless steel flasks, gas detector, hydrogen sulfide-alarm as well as a complete sheathing of the system.
The system requires for operation water, nitrogen, compressed air and electricity to be supplied by lab infrastructure.
Key features include:
- Computer controlled fully automatic process without any interruption
- PILODIST IP65 control panel with 15,6” touch screen mounted at the side of framework or alternatively stand alone as table top unit
- Continuous monitoring of distillation process and data storage
- Boil-up rate controlled by differential temperature, differential pressure, power regulation and distillate volume
- All distillation parameters can exactly and reproducibly be selected
- Fraction and receiver changes are performed acc. to preselected cut temp.
- fully automatic product discharge into sealed final receivers without any influence on the distillation process
- Automatic debutanization process
- Adiabatic operation due to column heating jacket
- Reduced cooling periods between runs by using a quench cooler and nitrogen
- Cooling down process after each run automatically
- Precise vacuum control
- Electrical lifting platform for flask
- Evaluation of the “final data” and printout of TBP-curve in Microsoft Excel
- Several safety and alarm options available
- Automatic online volume and automatic weight measuring
- All distillation data (results) will be stored even in case of an alarm, followed by automatic shut down
- Optional automatic online density measurement
- Optional water removal (dehydration)
- Various further options available to customize the system